- Staff and parents of Brookwood are committed to working together as a Professional Learning Community, implementing a culture of “sustained school improvement efforts”. The collaborative team embraces the fundamental purpose of school, which is “learning for all students”.
- Brookwood is designed as an open concept facility. The result is an inviting culture which promotes teamwork by students, staff and parent volunteers.
- Brookwood staff works hard to offer many program opportunities for our children. These include curricular, extracurricular and citizenship development programs.
- Brookwood is home to two Early Education classrooms. This program provides extensive play-based learning enriched with specialized supports to young children identified as having a severe delay or diagnosis, as well as children with mild to moderate delays in their pre-kindergarten year.
- Brookwood has an active group of parent volunteers averaging about 5000 hours per year in volunteer time to the school. Our School Council actively promotes a number of programs to support the students of Brookwood and their learning, including Hot Lunch, Cultural Events and so on.
- We are a leader in the area of technology. Teachers actively engage students in technology projects, which offer many opportunities for students to engage in a variety of technology projects using computers, SMART Boards and other technologies.
Located in the heart of Spruce Grove, Brookwood School serves approximately 500 students from Kindergarten to Grade Four. Designed in 1970 as an open area school, Brookwood School promotes a friendly and caring learning environment, where a high level of cooperation is nurtured amongst students and staff. Brookwood School is a dual track school: we have a mainstream K-4 Program, as well as a K-4 PSD Christian Program. We are also home to one Early Education classroom.
Striving to be the best we can be.